Sunday, May 17, 2015

Keep it real


There are thousands of people out there giving advice on what to do and what not to do when it comes to a first date.

What to say and what not to say, what to wear and what not to wear, where to go and where not to go, these people even try to give us advice on what to order on a dinner date and what not to order. You gotta sell yourself, make the perfect first impression.

Wtf?!?

I`m gonna sit there on a Saturday night, in this awesome restaurant reading the menu, thinking to myself, “Damn, I really want that grilled burger with hot sauce and fries, but the dating handbook said no messy foods on a first date, so guess I`m gonna order a Ceasar salad and take tiny little bites, because Got forbid I bite into that delicious burger and some of the hot sauce runs down my chin or drips onto that dress that I spent two hours deciding on “. By the time that Ceasar salad rolls in I am already in massive pain because I am focusing on sitting perfectly straight. I have no idea what this super hot dude across the table has been talking about because I am secretly wondering if his back hurts as bad as mine does.

But this is all going really well, I went over my resume with him. Talked about my age, place of birth, my upbringing, interests, past employers, oh, I mean boyfriends and so far I think I might get an invitation for a follow up interview.

No shit, this is like applying for a job. Where is the fun? When are we gonna talk about who we really are? How long am I gonna be able to say no to that burger and how long can I keep my back unnaturally straight?

This has nothing to do with getting to know somebody!

If you are the kind of girl that dresses in jeans and Converse, then don´t try to squeeze into 6 inch heels to play the sexy girl. If you want a burger, then eat that burger with passion and if some of that sauce runs down your face and that doesn´t make him smile a little, then he doesn´t know shit about good food. If you are a crazy bitch that is hard to handle and out of control, then let him know what he is getting himself into. If you decide to open the ex files, then don´t sugar coat that story, acting like it was a pretty breakup.

There is no need to impress anyone, as a matter of fact, all that will get you is heartbreak and disappointment. People deserve to know what they are signing up for!

I was recently on a date with a guy that did not give a shit what I thought about him. Pretty boy sat there doing his thing ,not trying to impress me for a minute. This dude has never flipped a page in the dating handbook. He put himself out there with a take it or leave it kinda attitude. He said what he wanted to say and not what women might want to hear. No bullshitting around.

That right there was impressive...







No comments:

Post a Comment